Vacuum your sofa regularly if you have a vacuum with an upholstery attachment. This will also help control air quality.
1. Vacuum the surface of the sofa. You should also vacuum in any nooks and crannies.
2. Address stains appropriately. Some sofa's may not come with a manufacturer's label. In these cases, do a spot test with a furniture cleaning solution. If the solution does not damage the furniture, you can treat the stain using the solution.
3. Use a lint roller regularly. This is especially important if you have pets.
4. Condition leather furniture. Mix one part white vinegar with two parts linseed or flaxseed oil. Then, use a dry cloth to apply this mixture across your sofa. Let the solution sit on your sofa overnight. The next morning, buff the solution with a dry rag to restore shine to your sofa. Cover it when not in use.
5. Fluff cushions once a week.